Welcome to my blog.... this is my place to share my projects and a little about my family with you. I only hope that you can find some inspiration here.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Winter

This is a card for an upcoming Winter card swap in a group I belong to:




I really liked this image and didn't get to use it on a Christmas card.  So when my group posted a Winter card swap I thought it was perfect.  Determined not to use anything even remotely close to Christmas colors I settled on these.

I used DP from K & Company.  (I love their papers). I embossed CS with a cuttlebug embossing folder, sponged green ink over it and cut it out with a Nesties scalloped rectangle.  I then layered the free image from Pollycraft (I'm sure...lol) with 2 shades of pink CS cut with Nesties..... added an organza  ribbon, some gems and punched snowflakes.  The "all bundled up" and "winter" sentiments are the clear $1 stamps from Michaels.  I added Diamond Stickles to the snowflakes and the word winter.   Oh.....and I colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS...but you knew that already....lol.

I wasn't sure about the colors but I think I like it.  What do you think?

4 comments:

Harriet Hensley said...

This is a beautiful card.... i love the colors that you used.

Cheryl said...

I love these colors! Great card.

I have this image too and was only able to use it once.

Tammy said...

I love it...but then again you knew I would!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya. I love it. A fab image set out on those gorgeous pretty papers, lovely delicate colours. Just great.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails