Welcome to my blog.... this is my place to share my projects and a little about my family with you. I only hope that you can find some inspiration here.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Digital-Ink Co Challenge #17 - Peace

It is time for the Digital-Ink Co Challenge #17  - All About Peace.  The requirements are to create a card about what Peace means to you.  For me Peace is a place within yourself that you can find comfort and contentment.  Here is my card:


The image is "Roses" from Daisy Doodles..one of the sponsors for this weeks challenge.  You can find it here for $1.50.  This is the stamp given to me to use for this challenge.

I started with yellow cs and layered white cs embossed with swiss dots cuttlebug folder and corner punched.  I used oval nestabilities, green organza ribbon and yellow scribbles for the dots.  I found this quote on-line and thought it was perfect for my thoughts about Peace.  My image is colored with Prismacolor Pencils and OMS with diamond stickles added.

This challenge runs from February 22 through February 28....(beginning March 1 challenges will be weekly). All you have to do is make a card depicting what Peace means to you and enter it with Mr. Linky  here.   Here is what you can win for playing along:

Don't forget...there is still time to take advantage of the February Sale.. the more you spend..the more you save...  And be sure if you haven't already to go and sign up for the weekly Newsletter.  You can see the new releases every Wednesday and get a free digital stamp each week.  So what are ya waiting for?  Go to Digital-Ink Co. and check out the store and to the Challenge  Blog to get in on the fun and prizes.  And while you're there don't forget to become a follower.  I would love it if you would become my follower also.

I hope you enjoy  my card and that you will come and join us.  We would love to know what Peace means to you.

17 comments:

Judy said...

Oh Rhonda, Daisy has got to be drooling over this. What a fantastic job you did with her roses. Cool going with yellow roses which I love from an all time favorite movie of mine about "Patsy Cline". Super job hun.

Lots of love,
Judy

Kathy said...

Stunning Rhonda. I adore yellow roses, they remind me of my mom. This card is so beautiful, all the little details are just perfect.

C said...

Beautiful! Love the textured bg with this image.

Unknown said...

Rhonda, love this image, so delicate, a great take on the challenge. x

Sam said...

Great card hun and is Judy showing her age or what with her reference to Patsy Cline (bless ya hun ya knows I luvs ya!)
Take care
Sam x

Harriet H said...

I love your Peace Rose.... and the sentiment is perfect for your card...fantastic creation you talented lady....

Harriet

Dragonlady said...

Hi Rhonda

I do love the sentiment, just perfect hun.

Hugs Ali x

stitchy said...

Rhonda, beautiful yellow roses hun, I happen to have the Yellow Rose of Texas tatooed on my back for a very good friend of mine, also from Texas lmao...gorgeous..
hugz
stitchy xx

Liz said...

lovely yellow roses Rhonda fab take of the theme

liz xx

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Rhonda, this card is really beautiful! I love the texture. I also love the touch with the corner punch. Great job girl. Keep up the hard work!

Unknown said...

Hi Rhonda,
Adorable card hun. Have become a follower too, so sorry I missed you - purely accidental honest.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...

Hi Rhonda,
Adorable card hun. Have become a follower too, so sorry I missed you - purely accidental honest.
Hugs
Dawn xx

Doreen said...

What a stunning card,the image and layout are superb.xxx

Stampin Lucy said...

I just LOVE this card! Gorgeous in every way and such vibrant color. Just makes me smile.

Cheryl said...

Lovely roses! Very nice card.

Joanne Gilch said...

Lovely card. Green and yellow and all the little dots. Fantastic!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful roses!

Related Posts with Thumbnails