Welcome to my blog.... this is my place to share my projects and a little about my family with you. I only hope that you can find some inspiration here.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Scout Challenge at SNR

This card is for the Digital Ink Challenge over at SNR.  It was kind of a tough one.....but I spent 11 years in Boy Scouts with my youngest son.  I started out as a Den Leader/Cubmaster and went on to become an Assistant Scoutmaster.  The same 8 boys that started with me as Wolves in Cub Scouts crossed over into Boy Scouts.  My son was 1 report on 1 merit badge short of becoming an Eagle Scout...I was so aggravated with him.  To get that close and quit....go figure..lol.  This challenge brought back a lot of wonderful memories for me....the boys and our many camping trips such as our week long Scout Camp every summer.  We learned soooo much together and from each other.  So, thanks for this.  On with my card.....


It is not one of my best cards.  I did it rather quickly ...the challenge ends tomorrow and I didn't have the  opportunity to craft until after work last night.  So I colored the images last night and put the card together this morning.  The tent and the cook fire are from Dustin Pike at Doodle Dragon Studios.  The boy is an image called Pokin' Puddles from Prairie Fairy.  He is actually  playing in a puddle but I covered the puddle with the fire.  I  hope that was ok because the boy was perfect.  Anyway I stamped the olive cardstock with the fleur di lis and versamark ink and put the images on nestie ovals..sponged with coffee ink.  I used embroidery floss 
and wrapped it and tied it with a square knot...(I have forgotten how to do the knots :( ..lol)  Stamped the fleur di lis and cut it out with a 1/2" circle punch and stamped the word discover.  And naturally I colored the images with Prismas and OMS.  Sorry to ramble on....just enjoying some memories.

5 comments:

Joanne Gilch said...

thanks for sharing. We do love to read about our favorite bloggers' stories, trials, and tribulations.
Great card. Put it in a little frame and hang it in your craft area so you can reminisce often of your leader days and, of course, your son.
hugs

Julie said...

Very cool to have such great memories with your son. It still amazes me how fast they grow up. Good use of the boy, always like when stamps are used for new reasons.

Cheryl said...

I think it is great card! Very creative and it if brings back good memories, all the better.

KymKreates said...

I love it! Brings back many memories of my camping trips.

Kathy said...

Really like this, you set up a scene perfectly and all the more special since it brings back fond memories.

Related Posts with Thumbnails