Welcome to my blog.... this is my place to share my projects and a little about my family with you. I only hope that you can find some inspiration here.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cierra's Bow

When I last posted I was waiting for my transfer at work to come through and for them to find a replacement for me.  I didn't think it would ever happen but on Thanksgiving Day I boarded a plane along with my little dog "Pepper" heading to Florida.  My son picked me up at the airport and I was able to sit at the Thanksgiving table with my grandchildren for the first time in 4 years.  So I am now living with my son and his family in sunny Florida.  I love being around the kids on a daily basis again.  I was fortunate enough to have enough vacation time until after Christmas so for the most part I have been extremely lazy.

I've been doing some embroidery and sewing.  My granddaughter, Cierra takes a dance class at school and she asked me if I could make them hair bows.  They are responsible for coming up with a dance and their own costumes for a grade.  Of course I said yes ... although I have never made a hair bow.  I searched online for a tutorial and found a video from mommycraftsalot.  My bow isn't as pretty as hers but not bad for a first timer ... lol.  Anyway .. they are calling themselves The Flamingos so I embroidered a covered button to add to the center.  Here is the result:

I'm pleased but most importantly Cierra is happy with them.  

When we arrived at the airport on Thanksgiving the flight was about 1/2 hour early so while we were waiting I couldn't resist taking a picture of Pepper.  Boy was she glad to get here ... lol

Hopefully I will get out of vacation mode and start posting again.  I am looking so forward to spending Christmas with the kids.  And afterwards I hope to get back into some kind of routine.  So until next time .. have a great day!!!!!


Lawren said...

Welcome to Florida, Rhonda!

Joanne Gilch said...

Where ever did that comment go? Here tis again....the bow is gorgeous and Cierra's dance group is sure to get an A+.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous hair bow Rhonda :)

Wishing you & your family a Very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous hairbow- how fun is that (I used to make hairbows and sell them at craft fairs and in Children;s boutiques)..... I have missed you in blog world- just stopped by to wish you a Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails