Welcome to my blog.... this is my place to share my projects and a little about my family with you. I only hope that you can find some inspiration here.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

My New Life

I haven't blogged in ages and I miss it.  I miss all of my blogging friends.  I still can't get back into card making even though I want to.  So much has happened in my life since the end of September, 2011.  I see things differently now and no longer take things for granted. Now I am on a new course and would like to share it with you.

I now live in a camper.....yep at my age.  I'm very comfortable here.  Slowly I am working on it and making it my home.  I've scoured the web for camper ideas and have seen some beautiful vintage camper restorations.  So I thought "why couldn't I blog about my life in a camper?"  Maybe someone out there can find some inspiration in their life.

First I need to tell you how I got here.  Before I do, let me say that I do not want sympathy.  I truly believe that everything happens for a reason even though we don't always know why.  I haven't been able to talk about it until now.  On September 30, 2011 I came home from work only to discover that we were losing our home.  My husband had shielded me from what had apparently been going on for a long time.  He was a recovering alcoholic and had been sober for more than 20 years.  He was drinking again and was not paying any of the bills.  He hid it very well.  Both of our pay went into one account and he managed it.  Anyway, I got home from work about 9:30 pm and at 10 o'clock we were told we had 24 hours to get out.  I was devastated!  I had to be at work the next day at 1 o'clock and I wouldn't take off because I couldn't let anyone know what had happened. When I tried to talk to hubby to figure out what we were going to do, he just blew it off.   Long story short I found a place to stay that night and left with what I could take quickly.  Before he quit drinking in 1995 I vowed that I would not live the alcoholic life ever again.  So after 26 years with him I was done.  I put my notice in at work for November 23, 2011.  The day before Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving Day I boarded a plane with 2 bags and my little dog Pepper headed for my oldest sons house in Florida.  I had enough vacation time built up to get weekly paychecks until February.  New Years Day 2012 I got sick and couldn't even get up. Turns out I had Shingles inside my ear.  That was honestly the sickest I have ever been.  On January 9th my little Pepper died.  I was laid out sick until April.  Of course the paychecks had run out and I didn't think I could take any more.  I still wasn't well but wasn't laid out anymore.  I had to figure out what I was going to do.  So I cashed in my 401K and bought a car and a camper.  My son's home was small and they have 4 kids in the house and I was sleeping on the couch.  The camper was a Godsend.  So now we live waaaay out in the country and I have my own little yard on his property with my camper that I share with my 68# dog - Miss Bella and a little deer that thinks I'm his Mom.

So that is my story and in the posts to follow I will share my life in a camper with you.  Oh, by the way, I am very comfortable and content.

2 comments:

Shazza said...

well good for you, well done for coming through a very difficult time, the only way is up. Very sad that your husband returned to drink after 20 years, hope he can get sober again
hugs
x

Donna C. said...

You my dear are a true survivor. You saved yourself and then have picked yourself up and gone on. I am so glad that I stumbled upon your blog. You are hero and one that I needed at this very moment. You will never know the difference you have made by posting this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails