Welcome to my blog.... this is my place to share my projects and a little about my family with you. I only hope that you can find some inspiration here.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Birdie Party

This is the last challenge for February at Delightful Inspiration.  The final image this month is so cute.


This is so not my style at all but the image just called for bright and colorful.  How cute are these birds?  I love them and I can see them being used for a lot of different occasions.  

I started with a purple card base and layered with turquoise cs and different colored paper from my stash.  This is the wildest piece of paper I own and I think it is probably the oldest one too.  Like I said...this is not my usual style at all...lol  I colored the birdies with my Prismas and OMS and cit them out with an oval nestie and layered them on turquoise cut out with the oval scallop nestie.  I added a narrow yellow ribbon and the sentiment...."party".  The yellow dots are scribbles and I added stickles to the balloon.  

I can't wait to see what Faith has in store for March.  The new challenge month begins Tuesday March 2 so make sure you visit Designed 2 Delight: Delightful Inspiration and play along.
The February images are available in her store HERE along with other adorable stamps.  Thanks so much for visiting and looking at my card....even though it is really different for me..lol. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love this card, its so bright & cheerful & the image is gorgeous too.

Liz's creative corner said...

Hiya, this is a real fun card,the image and colours are great, in reply to your questions I sew soft furnishings for a living, been there today and have been doing a lot of hand sewing so my fingers are like pin cushions lol, only joking but my feet are tired through the standing, lol, hugs Liz xx

Joanne Gilch said...

Love how you did the birdies. i can't wait to do mine.

Joan said...

those birdies are just too cute! Adorable card:)

Margaret said...

Hi Rhonda, I love the way your card turned out. I love the bright colors.

dstandard said...

Adorable card - love the bright colors!

susy said...

So bright and colourful.

Faith S. said...

This is a wonderful card!! Way to step out of your comfort zone! That bright DP is a perfect match to your coloring. :)

Kathy said...

Love these bright colors, so fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails